Lesson For The Week (Mar.14)
Understanding Loneliness
5 Father to the fatherless, defender of widows – this is God, whose dwelling is holy. 6 God places the lonely in families; he sets the prisoners free and gives them joy. (Psalm 68:5-6)
Getting Started
What is loneliness? What are some causes of loneliness? What do you usually do when you feel lonely?
Everyone feels lonely sometimes. If you go to a new school, move to a new city, or start a new job, you might feel like you don’t fit in with everyone else. Or if you stay at the same school, city, or job for a long time you might start to feel like none of your friends really understand you. You might think, “If only I had a best friend,” or, “If only I had a boyfriend/girlfriend.” or “If only my family spent more time with me, I would never be lonely again.” But even if you have a wonderful family, best friend, or boyfriend/girlfriend, they can’t be with you all the time. How can we keep from feeling lonely, even if we are alone?
Vocabulary
to fit in (v phrase) – to feel like you belong; like you are a part of something
examine (v) – to look at something very closely; to study something closely
beyond (prep.) – out of reach; at a greater distance than
escape (v) – to get away from someone or something
allot (v) – to give out a certain amount
17 O God, how difficult I find your thoughts; how many of them there are! 18 If I counted them, they would be more than the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.
Taking a Closer Look
1. How well does God understand us?
2. What are three examples the Bible reading gives of God’s knowledge of us?
3. Why does God want to be “around us on every side”?
4. Why is God “to be feared”? Why should we praise him?
5. How are God’s thoughts “difficult”?
6. Are we ever really alone?
Taking Action
1. Is it possible to feel lonely, even when you are with many people? Think about a time in your life when you felt lonely. How can we fight loneliness?
2. What are some ways people try to fit in? Do we have to try to “fit in” with God?
Click me for...
Chinese Translation
Past Lessons

No comments:
Post a Comment