Sunday, January 21, 2007

Lesson For The Week (Jan. 26)

God Is Faithful
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid;do not be discouraged. (Deuteronomy 31:8)
0000
Beth's Story
After college graduation, I spent the summer in China. When I arrived, I felt like I was in another world. I experienced
extreme culture shock. I was so homesick that I cried myself to sleep. I believed that God was with me, but I didn’t feel it. I was lonely, afraid and desperate. But God didn’t let me stay that way. He appeared to me everywhere, constantly reminding me that He was God of all the nations–even in a land that felt so strange and foreign. I felt his presence everywhere, comforting me. Although I felt out of control, He showed me that He was in control.
x
A year and a half later, I moved to Taiwan. I felt that God had called me to come here, but when I fi rst arrived, those same desperate, homesick feelings came back to me again. I was so scared and lonely that I almost returned to the U.S. But God knew what was best for me and he intervened. He assured me that I was not alone. He gave me peace that nothing else could.
d
If God leads you down a path, He will be faithful to help you complete the journey. Even when we don’t know what is ahead, God does. So don’t be afraid to trust Him. People will fail you, plans will fail you and jobs will fail you. But God will never fail you.
d
When I think back on the past 28 years, I can clearly see God’s faithfulness in His pursuit of me. Even when I rejected Him, He never stopped thinking of me. Even when I wanted to put my hope in people or things—and not in God—He still never left me. He never gave up on me. He never stopped wanting me to be His daughter.
d
Here’s part of a song from the group Third Day that speaks the truth of God’s love and faithfulness:

I’ve heard it said that a man would climb a mountain
Just to be with the one he loves
How many times has he broken that promise?
It has never been done
I’ve never climbed the highest mountain
But I walked the hill of Calvary
Just to be with you, I’d do anything
There’s no price I would not pay
Just to be with you, I’d give anything
I would give my life away

d
God is unchanging. He’ll never leave you. In fact, He’s already done everything for you in Jesus. Will you accept Hislove and faithfulness today?

00
God's Word
Deuteronomy 31:8:
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
Isaiah 43: 1b-3a:

Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; 2 and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fi re, you will not be burned; the fl ames will not set you ablaze. 3 For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
Romans 8:28; 31b, 32, 35, 38, 39:

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. 31 If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things? 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of Godthat is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
ds000000
Download the lesson (English) - word file

http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/doc/2007/20070126_L9_GodIsFaithful.doc
0
Download the lesson (English) - pdf file

http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/pdf/2007/L9_20070126e.pdf

Download the lesson (Chinese):
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/pdf/2007/L9_20070126c.pdf

Past Lessons:
http://www.ortv.com/english/ebs_c/ebs_e.htm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ㄟ~愈看愈不明白...
那首歌裡面的"I"到底是指誰呢?

Anonymous said...

Anyway, I believe more and more that "If God leads you down a path, He will be faithful to help you complete the journey. Even when we don't know what is ahead, God does."