Lesson For The Week (Jan. 5)
God Has a Plan for Our Lives
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.(Jeremiah 29:11)
0000
Angus's Story
I feel very blessed to have had loving parents and a very good upbringing. I grew up in a Christian family. My dad was a music professor and my mom was a high school English teacher. I was greatly influenced by both of them. I learned to play musical instruments at a young age. I wasn’t the best, but I was confident and had some pride in my abilities. I attended contests for my playing. My mom thought English was something worth investing in for me as well. So even though we weren’t wealthy, I had private American tutors teach me English.
0
Later we moved to England for three years while my dad was studying for his degrees. During those three years, I was able to brush up on my English and spend a lot of time developing my musical ability.
0
When we came back to Taiwan, I went right into high school. You all know how horrible that can be! We are told that everything we do is for the ultimate goal of entering a good university. The message is drilled into us that we will be miserable or even useless if we don’t attend a good university. So, when I failed the college entrance exam, I felt like a loser! I was sad, my mom was sad, and my dad was silent. God, however, was working. I studied and took the exam again, which was a lot harder. Inside my heart, I felt no hope at all. Yet, God helped me. When I got the results back, I was thrilled! I knew it was a miracle, because I had failed the easier entrance exam, only to pass the harder one. I have no doubt that God made that happen!
0
In university, I learned how to arrange music. After graduation, God led me to work at Studio Classroom where I now use both my musical ability and my English. I can clearly see that God had every step planned out for me.
0
I now have many opportunities to visit high schools. I always think back to those stressful days when I was a student. I want to encourage the students I meet. I want to tell them it’s important to study hard, but it’s not the only thing in life. I want them to know that God loves them and has a plan for each of their lives–a wonderful plan!
0
The same is true for you! Let God plan your future. He did a great job with mine, so He can do it for you. Just Ask!
00
God's Word
Psalm 139:13-16:
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Proverbs 16:9:
In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.
Jeremiah 29:11:
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Proverbs 3:5, 6:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your path.
Isaiah 55:8, 9:
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
000000
Download the lesson (English) - word file
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/doc/2007/20070105_L6_GodHasaPlanforOurLives.doc
0
Download the lesson (English) - pdf file
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/pdf/2007/L6_20070105e.pdf
Download the lesson (Chinese):
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/pdf/2007/L6_20070105c.pdf
Past Lessons:
http://www.ortv.com/english/ebs_c/ebs_e.htm

No comments:
Post a Comment