Lesson For The Week (May 25)
God Is My Passion
We love because He first loved us. (1 John 4:19 )
0000
Amanda’s Story
Since I was little, I’ve always loved art. My interest in art led me to learn more about Western cultures. I soon loved listening to Western music, watching foreign movies and making friends with people from different countries. I also developed a passion for learning the English language. This passion later led me to Jesus.
When I was young, my dad gave me a set of books about famous people in world history. Jesus was one of them. The only thing I remembered was that Jesus was handsome, his teachings were unique and He did marvelous deeds. At that time, although I admired Jesus’ unconditional love and courage, I didn’t like his claim that He was “the Son of God.” This feeling became even stronger when I saw signs on poles that read, “Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near!” I didn’t think that I was a sinner. I did not kill, nor did I steal. However, the seed of the Gospel had been sown in my heart and a desire to seek the Truth grew within me.
The eighth grade was the darkest year of my life. My grandmother passed away unexpectedly, causing me to think about life and death. During that year, I was also betrayed and deceived by people I trusted. I began to question what I had been taught about ghosts and gods. If there truly is a god, and if our ancestors could protect and bless their living descendents, then why would these terrible things happen to me! Outwardly, I was acting like an atheist, but deep down I was thirsting for the Truth!
When I was lost and helpless, God drew me closer to Himself in some amazing ways. In college, I was introduced to a missionary from New Zealand, and then I participated in an English camp co-organized by Studio Classroom. Later, I started to attend Studio Classroom’s English Bible Study every week. God’s love became so real through His Word, the Bible Study teachers and Christian friends. I knew I must not miss this once in a lifetime opportunity, so soon after I decided to be baptized.
0
0000
Amanda’s Story
Since I was little, I’ve always loved art. My interest in art led me to learn more about Western cultures. I soon loved listening to Western music, watching foreign movies and making friends with people from different countries. I also developed a passion for learning the English language. This passion later led me to Jesus.
When I was young, my dad gave me a set of books about famous people in world history. Jesus was one of them. The only thing I remembered was that Jesus was handsome, his teachings were unique and He did marvelous deeds. At that time, although I admired Jesus’ unconditional love and courage, I didn’t like his claim that He was “the Son of God.” This feeling became even stronger when I saw signs on poles that read, “Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near!” I didn’t think that I was a sinner. I did not kill, nor did I steal. However, the seed of the Gospel had been sown in my heart and a desire to seek the Truth grew within me.
The eighth grade was the darkest year of my life. My grandmother passed away unexpectedly, causing me to think about life and death. During that year, I was also betrayed and deceived by people I trusted. I began to question what I had been taught about ghosts and gods. If there truly is a god, and if our ancestors could protect and bless their living descendents, then why would these terrible things happen to me! Outwardly, I was acting like an atheist, but deep down I was thirsting for the Truth!
When I was lost and helpless, God drew me closer to Himself in some amazing ways. In college, I was introduced to a missionary from New Zealand, and then I participated in an English camp co-organized by Studio Classroom. Later, I started to attend Studio Classroom’s English Bible Study every week. God’s love became so real through His Word, the Bible Study teachers and Christian friends. I knew I must not miss this once in a lifetime opportunity, so soon after I decided to be baptized.
0
Jesus has since filled me with His love, joy and peace. He has also healed me and made me a better person. I am more patient and optimistic now. I also have more confidence and a higher EQ. And, I am willing to forgive those who have hurt me. None of these changes happened in one day though. I’m like “a building under construction.” I’m still learning and growing every day. But God will always be my strength and my help. He’s done so much for me. I have to share His love with others. He is my passion!
0000
God's Word
John 14:6:
0000
God's Word
John 14:6:
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
John 3:16, 17:
For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.
Romans 1:19, 20:
Since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
Hebrews 12:1, 2:
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
John 15:12-14:
“My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this that he lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.”
1 John 4:19:
We love because He first loved us.
ds000000
Download the lesson (English) - word file
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/doc/2007/20070525_L20_PassionforGod.doc
Download the lesson (English) - word file
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/doc/2007/20070525_L20_PassionforGod.doc
0
Download the lesson (English) - pdf file
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/pdf/2007/L20_20070525e.pdf
Download the lesson (Chinese):
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/pdf/2007/L20_20070525c.pdf
Past Lessons:
http://www.ortv.com/english/ebs_c/ebs_e.htm
Download the lesson (English) - pdf file
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/pdf/2007/L20_20070525e.pdf
Download the lesson (Chinese):
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/pdf/2007/L20_20070525c.pdf
Past Lessons:
http://www.ortv.com/english/ebs_c/ebs_e.htm

No comments:
Post a Comment