Thursday, April 26, 2007

Lesson For The Week (Apr. 27)

Faith in Action
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1 )
0000
Doris’s Story
What is faith? Faith is the evidence of things not seen. When we trust in something, we have faith. We trust our parents. We have faith in cars. Having faith means to go ahead and do things even when we don’t know what will happen. When I heard that many people in China had not heard about God, I wanted to tell them about His love. At age 21, I took a boat from Seattle to China. Even though I did not know what would happen, I had faith God was in control.

I studied Mandarin for a short time in China. We moved around because of the civil war. It was dangerous, but God protected me. When the Communists took over China, I moved to Hong Kong. Later I moved to Taiwan.

In Taiwan, many people went to temples. Only one tenth of one percent of the people went to church. Most people had not heard about God. I went to Hualien and lived with aboriginal people. I learned their language and told them about God. I also began Christian children’s and adult choirs, made songbooks, started youth camps, and recorded Christian radio programs.

In the early 50s, almost everyone had radios. So I thought, why not have radio programs to share God’s love? Many more people could be reached. I did not know how to produce radio programs, but I had faith God would help. We recorded radio programs in my living room and I took the programs to the local radio station on my bike.

In the 1960s Taiwan got television! By faith, for 15 years the Heavenly Melody Program was on TTV, the first station in Taiwan. We often did not know where the money to pay the TV station or even the money to buy our next meal would come from, but we had faith. God always provided.

The government asked me if I could teach English on the radio. In 1962, I began Studio Classroom. Now we have three magazines. Today, our radio programs and television shows can be seen and heard around the world. We meet students all over the world who have learned English from Studio Classroom.

I did not know these things would happen, but I had faith in God. Faith in action means to make right choices. God has something for everyone to do. You never know what God will have you to do. Will you be willing to live a life of faith and believe in God? Take a step of faith today and open your heart to believe in Jesus.

0000
God's Word
Hebrews 11:1:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Psalm 33:4:
For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.
Psalm 91:4:
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
Proverbs 2:8:
For He guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.
Galatians 5:22, 23a:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.
James 5:13:
[The Prayer of Faith ] Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.
ds000000
Download the lesson (English) - word file

http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/doc/2007/20070427_L18_FaithinAction.doc

No comments: