Lesson For The Week (Dec. 22)
Jesus Is Emmanuel
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalms 34:18)
0000
Lily's Story
It was December 1997, the coldest winter of my life. My marriage had just ended in divorce. While people all around me were celebrating the Christmas holiday, my heart was filled with pain and bitterness. I didn’t know how to get on with life. I often asked myself: “Why did this happen?” “Why me?” I was angry at how naïve I had been. How could I not have known my ex-husband was a homosexual?
0
I was filled with hatred toward him and other people who had hurt me. I even hated myself. Life seemed so unfair. I was depressed and worried about the future. I lost my confidence completely and was frightfully lonely. I felt no comfort, no hope, anywhere. Then, at this lowest and darkest time of my life, I met Jesus.
0
My best friend suggested we go to a place where we could improve our English. The price was right—it was free! So in the autumn of 1998, we started attending Studio Classroom’s Bible Study. Previously, I had disliked the Christian religion, especially because it said there was only one God. But this time I felt different. Each song we sang touched my heart and made me cry. I felt I was not alone in my troubles, but that God was there with me, even weeping with me. He knew the pain behind each tear.
0
As I studied the Bible, I learned about my own pride and sin. But I also learned how precious and special I was in God’s eyes. God’s love for me was unconditional. And no matter what I had gone through, He still loved me and forgave me.
0
I continued to ask questions to learn more about Jesus. Finally in 1999, I made the decision to receive Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior, and I was baptized at House of Praise Church.
0
In Jesus, I experienced new life. God’s love healed my broken heart and brought peace to my wounded soul. He helped me to accept and deal with my bitter past. He gave me the love and courage to forgive—even to forgive myself. He replaced my pride with humility and helped me to love others.
0
It has been almost ten years since I made the decision to follow Christ. Today, I am blessed with many good friends, a challenging job and my very own apartment. And, just recently, God blessed me with a marriage to a wonderful man.
0
Of course, my life still has difficulties. But God walks with me through them and uses them to help me grow. I still have so much learn, but God is always with me. He always has been. He is Emmanuel!
00
God's Word
Psalms 34:18:
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Isaiah 41:10:
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4:
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
Matthew 6:14-15:
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Ephesians 4:32:
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
2 Corinthians 5:17:
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
00000
Download the lesson (English) - word file
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/doc/2006/20061222_L5_JesusIsEmmanuel.doc
0
Download the lesson (English) - pdf file
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/pdf/2006/20061222_e.pdf
Download the lesson (Chinese):
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/pdf/2006/20061222_c.pdf
Past Lessons:
http://www.ortv.com/english/ebs_c/ebs_e.htm

No comments:
Post a Comment