Lesson For The Week (Nov. 24)
God Is the Way
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”(John 14:6)
0000
Winston's Story
Owning a big company and being a “big boss” had been my dream since childhood. In order to make that dream come true, I worked so hard that I sacrificed everything, even my sweet family life and my health. I did this until one day I lost everything in my business. I realized then that my dreams of becoming a “big boss” would never come true. I felt as if I were standing at the edge of a high cliff. There was no way for me to continue living like this any longer. I was terrified of facing the consequences of the collapse of my entire business.
Just a few days after this tragic event, my wife invited me to attend a Bible study class held at Studio Classroom. The topic of the lesson was “There Is Only One God.” Even though I did not accept Jesus that evening, I began to think about the supreme power of the Creator. The next week when I attended the Bible study class, I was so attracted to the verse where Jesus says: “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life.” I suddenly realized that I had wasted so many years wandering without knowing the truth, and that I had lost my life to a childhood dream. I had a strong desire to find the answer to how a human being could live a meaningful life in this world. That night I accepted Jesus as my Savior and started to learn how to trust and lean on Him. Little by little, I began to understand that my life was a gift from the Creator and that He had a wonderful plan for me.
After I made the decision to follow Christ and the teachings found in the Bible, I began to see real changes in my life. My failing marriage was made strong again. God worked miracles in my company. He not only intervened to take care of the existing problems but also paved a brand new way that brought quick growth and expansion to my business. It was as if my company had been raised from death to life, just like my spirit!
0
Over the years, I have learned that only when I seek God and follow His plans can I find real peace and satisfaction in my life. He is the Almighty God and bigger than any problem I could ever face! I lost almost everything in my pursuit of a dream, but Jesus came into my broken life and gave me a new one. He can do the same for you. No matter what problem you face, He is bigger! If you invite Him into your heart, you will experience His power and love. He will give you a fresh start and life that is abundant, just as He has for me.
00
God's Word
Matthew 16:26:
What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?
Matthew 11:28-30:
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
John 14:6:
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
Jeremiah 29:11:
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
00000
Download the lesson (English) - word file
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/doc/2006/20061124_L2_GodIstheWay.doc
0
Download the lesson (English) - pdf file
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/pdf/2006/20061124_e.pdf
Download the lesson (Chinese):
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/pdf/2006/20061124_c.pdf
Past Lessons:
http://www.ortv.com/english/ebs_c/ebs_e.htm

No comments:
Post a Comment