Lesson For The Week (Nov. 17)
God Is Life
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”(John 10:10)
0000
Vickie's Story
I had many questions about life while I was growing up. While it seemed my sisters and many of my friends knew exactly what they wanted to do with their lives, I had no idea. I didn’t understand what my purpose in life was. I often wondered why I was even born. I didn’t feel that my life was very meaningful. And, I wasn’t able to enjoy life like so many others. I began to search for things that would make my life happier but nothing I tried brought satisfaction – sports, school, relationships, parties – nothing! I felt like an empty shell. I existed but there was no life in me.
At 17, I moved into an apartment with two friends. We all planned to go to school half days and work part time. Instead, we slept until noon, and partied all night. My life was headed down a very slippery road. I began to grow desperate wondering about my future.
Then, I don’t know why, but I asked my parents to give me a Bible for Christmas. As I began reading it, my heart was stirred. I began to wonder if maybe God did have a plan and purpose for my life. And, if he did, what I should do about it. While I was searching for answers to these questions, my parents became Christians. They began to pray for me. Then, they started to share with excitement the things God was doing in their lives. I was so shocked to see the change in their lives and the enthusiasm with which they spoke. I had never experienced that kind of excitement or enthusiasm about anything! I quickly discovered that this was what was missing in my life – a relationship with the God who created me and knew everything about me.
I decided I wanted to follow God. I prayed for his forgiveness and asked him to come into my life. I asked him to give my life meaning and purpose. The moment I prayed that prayer, I felt different. The weeks and months that followed were amazing! I began to see in the Bible God’s plan for my life. I had a feeling of joy and peace I had never felt before. And, my confidence began to grow. I began to see that this was what God had desired for me all along. In fact, this is what he desires for all of us. He wants all of us to have relationship with him and to live according to his plans and purposes for our lives. It is only then that we can truly experience the abundant life he offers us.
00
God's Word
v 1 John 5:12: He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
v John 3:16: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
v John 17:3: Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
v John 10:10: The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
00000
Download the lesson (English) - word file
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/doc/2006/20061117_L1_GodIsLife.doc
0
Download the lesson (English) - pdf file
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/pdf/2006/20061117_e.pdf
Download the lesson (Chinese):
http://www.ortv.com/chinese/ebs_c/pdf/2006/20061117_c.pdf
Past Lessons:
http://www.ortv.com/english/ebs_c/ebs_e.htm

No comments:
Post a Comment