Thursday, August 09, 2007

Lesson For The Week (Aug. 10)

The Parable of the Three Servants
三僕人的比喻

0000
Introduction導引
What do you consider to be your greatest ability or talent? (Singing, cooking, playing an instrument, acting, organizing, teaching, playing sports, helping others, encouraging, leading, writing, speaking, fixing things. . .)
你想什麼是你最傑出的能力或才幹?(歌唱、烹飪、彈樂器、表演、組織、教導、運動、幫助人、鼓勵人、領導、寫作、演說、修補東西……)
0
Vocabulary字彙 (沒按照順序)
journey (n) 旅行
hard man (n) 苛求的人
according to (phr) 根據
to scatter seed (v) 播種
to invest (v) 投資
to deposit (v) 儲存
to settle accounts (v) 結清帳戶
excuses (n) 藉口
to hand over (v) 交出

ads
Selected reading 選讀經文:
Matthew 25:14-30 馬太福音25:14-30
(Good News 版,要NIV可以自行上網找)
0
14 "At that time the Kingdom of heaven will be like this. Once there was a man who was about to leave home on a trip; he called his servants and put them in charge of his property. 15 He gave to each one according to his ability: to one he gave five thousand gold coins, to another he gave two thousand, and to another he gave one thousand. Then he left on his trip. 16 The servant who had received five thousand coins went at once and invested his money and earned another five thousand. 17 In the same way the servant who had received two thousand coins earned another two thousand. 18 But the servant who had received one thousand coins went off, dug a hole in the ground, and hid his master's money. 19 "After a long time the master of those servants came back and settled accounts with them. 20 The servant who had received five thousand coins came in and handed over the other five thousand. "You gave me five thousand coins, sir,' he said. "Look! Here are another five thousand that I have earned.' 21 "Well done, you good and faithful servant!' said his master. "You have been faithful in managing small amounts, so I will put you in charge of large amounts. Come on in and share my happiness!' 22 Then the servant who had been given two thousand coins came in and said, "You gave me two thousand coins, sir. Look! Here are another two thousand that I have earned.' 23 "Well done, you good and faithful servant!' said his master. "You have been faithful in managing small amounts, so I will put you in charge of large amounts. Come on in and share my happiness!' 24 Then the servant who had received one thousand coins came in and said, "Sir, I know you are a hard man; you reap harvests where you did not plant, and you gather crops where you did not scatter seed. 25 I was afraid, so I went off and hid your money in the ground. Look! Here is what belongs to you.' 26 "You bad and lazy servant!' his master said. "You knew, did you, that I reap harvests where I did not plant, and gather crops where I did not scatter seed? 27 Well, then, you should have deposited my money in the bank, and I would have received it all back with interest when I returned. 28 Now, take the money away from him and give it to the one who has ten thousand coins. 29 For to every person who has something, even more will be given, and he will have more than enough; but the person who has nothing, even the little that he has will be taken away from him. 30 As for this useless servant throw him outside in the darkness; there he will cry and gnash his teeth.'
0
Questions for Discussion 問題討論
1. What did the man do before he went on his long journey? Why were the servants given different amounts of silver? (Matthew 25:14-15)
這位主人在他要出國長期旅行之前,他安排了什麼事?為何僕人得到不同數量的銀子?(太25:14-15)

2. What did the servants do with the money? (Matthew 25:16-18)
這些僕人如何處置這些錢?(太25:16-18)

3. What happened to the two servants who doubled their money? How were they rewarded? (Matthew 25:21-23)
那兩位帶回雙倍金錢的僕人發生了什麼事?他們有什麼樣的獎賞?(太25:21-23)

4. Why did the one servant hide the silver coins he had been given? Do you think the master was too hard on him? (Matthew 25:24-30)
為什麼其中一位僕人要將所給他的銀幣藏起來?你想主人是否對他太嚴厲了?(太25:24-30)

5. Who do you think the master represents in this parable? The servants? The silver coins?
你想在這個比喻中主人代表誰?僕人代表誰?銀子呢?

6. Why do you think Jesus thought it was necessary to tell this parable?
你想為何耶穌認為有必要談這個比喻?

A time to reflect 回應
1. What gifts, abilities, resources, etc. has God given you? What have you done with them?
上帝給你什麼樣的恩賜、能力、資源等?你如何來使用它們?
2. Do you ever make excuses for not using or developing these gifts? How do you think this makes God feel?
你曾否有任何藉口不使用或發展這些恩賜?你想這會使上帝有什麼感覺?

0

No comments: